ACM-W Europe Celebrations of Women in Computing
womENcourage is one ACM-W Celebration which is organized by ACM-W Europe. womENcourage brings together women in the computing profession and related technical fields to exchange knowledge and experience and provide special support for women who are pursuing their academic degrees and starting their careers in computing.
Through a programme packed with insightful topics and engaging educational and networking activities, womENcourage provides a unique experience of the collective energy, drive, and excellence that professional women share to support each other.
Check out the details about this year’s womENcourage celebration (2023) here.
Wish to organize the next womENcourage (2024)?
ACM womENcourage Celebration is an exciting event, organized annually by ACM Women Europe, each year in a different European country to provide opportunities for women from diverse technical disciplines to come together and exchange knowledge, ideas and experiences. womENcourage attendees take part in hackathon projects, workshops, tutorials, keynotes, technical talks, panels, and poster presentations and expand their professional network through socializing. The Celebration is supported by a number of companies and professional organizations who generously donate funds and take part in the Career Fair, presenting exciting employment opportunities.
The call for hosting womENcourage 2023 is now closed. The venue will be announced on 23 September 2022 during the closing session of womENcourage 2022. We are now looking for proposals to host womENcourage 2024.
The proposal process includes two phases (all the templates you will need are provided below):
- Expressions of Interest (EoI) to be submitted no later than 10 November 2022, 23:59 AoE.
- Each EoI will be reviewed by the womENcourage Steering Committee and followed up by a conference call to discuss the proposal. Submitting an EoI does not constitute a firm commitment to hosting. It is a first step towards a conversation with ACM-W Europe which will help you navigate the process of applying to be a host venue, by thinking early about what you need to have in place to fulfill the requirements to host the event.
- Notification of successful EoI proposal by 28 November 2022.
- Full Hosting Proposals by 26 January 2023, 23:59 AoE.
- The teams that are shortlisted for the second phase will be provided with a budget template and advice on submitting the full proposal.
- Notification of the final decision on 1 March 2023.
Here are the links to the call documents:
We look forward to receiving your proposal. Should you have any questions or require further information, please send email to the womENcourage Steering Committee: ACMWE_SC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG.
|Notification of a successful Expression of Interest proposal||by 28 November 2022|
|Full Proposal deadline||26 January 2023 23:59 AoE|
|Notification of a successful Full Proposal||by 1 March 2023|